Your child may be able to get free meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
Applications are changing due to Universal Credit, please see the attached document for details around this: CHANGES TO FREE SCHOOL MEALS APRIL 2018
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be able to get free meals.
Use the link below to sumbit an application directly to the council for free meals if you believe you are entitled.