|Mr T Scott||Chair of Governors|
|Mrs N Anderson||Vice Chair of Governors|
|Mrs M Duval||Governor|
|Miss S Green||Co-opted|
|Mr G Slater||Co-opted|
|Mrs S Palmer||Parent Governor|
|Miss LA Robertson||Staff Governor|
Key roles of governors:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- To hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the academy and its pupils,
- and the performance management of staff.
- To oversee the financial performance of the academy and make sure its money is well spent.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the academy’s budget is spent.
- The appointing and dismissing of staff.
- Hearing appeals and grievances.
- Forming policy on the academy’s curriculum and collective worship.
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline.
- Making sure academy buildings are welcoming and safe.
- Setting and monitoring the academy’s aims and policies.
The term of office for all governors is four years. Co-Opted governors are appointed by the Governing Body. LA governors are appointed by the Governing Body through a LA nomination. Parent and Staff governors are elected by parents and staff respectively. The Principal is ex officio and automatically holds a position due to their position within the academy.
Details of the committee’s each governor serves on can be found here: Info Website to August 2018-2019
Details of governors and their register of interests can be found here: WASHINGTON ACADEMY – 6 x Register of Interest Forms