Should you need to contact our Chair of Governors, please do so using the Academy address.
Key roles of governors:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- To hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the academy and its pupils,
- and the performance management of staff.
- To oversee the financial performance of the academy and make sure its money is well spent.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the academy’s budget is spent.
- The appointing and dismissing of staff.
- Hearing appeals and grievances.
- Forming policy on the academy’s curriculum and collective worship.
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline.
- Making sure academy buildings are welcoming and safe.
- Setting and monitoring the academy’s aims and policies.
The term of office for all governors is four years. Co-Opted governors are appointed by the Governing Body. LA governors are appointed by the Governing Body through a LA nomination. Parent and Staff governors are elected by parents and staff respectively. The Principal is ex officio and automatically holds a position due to their position within the academy.
Details of the committee’s each governor serves on can be found here: Info Website to August 2018-2019
Details of governors and their register of interests can be found here: WASHINGTON ACADEMY – 6 x Register of Interest Forms VW – LGB member Declaration of Interest Form 2019 (2) SK LGB member Declaration of Interest Form 2019
Governing Body Meetings 2020
Wednesday 29th January
Wednesday 11th March
Wednesday 20th May
Wednesday 1st July
Minutes of previous meetings 2018-19